2023 Schedule / FAQ
$329 USD Per Player
- Entry deadline is February 18, 2023 or when the limit of 432 players have entered
- Three (3) rounds of tournament golf
- Green fee, cart fee, range
- Lunch provided at the course each day
- Welcome Gift
- Top flight finishers awarded prizes!
- Daily contest prizes in each flight!
- $1,000’s in Random Drawing Prizes!
- Prizes will be provided in Myrtle Beach World Amateur credits below and the Top 3 in each flight will also receive a trophy.
- 1st Place – Complimentary Entry into the 2023 Myrtle Beach World Am*
- 2nd Place – $300 off Entry into the 2023 Myrtle Beach World Am*
- 3rd Place – $250 off Entry into the 2023 Myrtle Beach World Am*
- 4th Place – $200 off Entry into the 2023 Myrtle Beach World Am*
- 5th Place – $175 off Entry into the 2023 Myrtle Beach World Am*
- 6th Place – $150 off Entry into the 2023 Myrtle Beach World Am*
- 7th Place – $125 off Entry into the 2023 Myrtle Beach World Am*
- 8th Place – $100 off Entry into the 2023 Myrtle Beach World Am*
- 9th Place – $75 off Entry into the 2023 Myrtle Beach World Am*
- 10th Place – $50 off Entry into the 2023 Myrtle Beach World Am*
*All credits/complimentary entries may be transferred to another player, but not another year.*
*Prize distribution is subject to participation, based on 50 players per flight*
Men Under 60 / 6,000 – 6,500 yards*
Men 60 – 69 / 5,500 – 6,000 yards*
Men 70+ / 5,000 – 5,500 yards*
Ladies / 4,500 – 5,000 yards*
*All distances listed are guidelines and are subject to changes
Individual Net Stroke Play, 54-Hole competition. Flighted solely by handicap regardless of gender or age. Tournament Rounds March 13-15. Shotgun starts at 9:00 AM.
You may request to play in the same flight as another player, but all players will have to play down to the lowest player’s handicap of the players involved.
For example: If PLAYER 1 has a 32.4 handicap and wanted to play with PLAYER 2 that has a 19.2 handicap, then PLAYER 1 would be flighted with PLAYER 2 by adjusting their index to fit in the flight of 19.2. Once flighting is complete, PLAYER 1 will have their handicaps restored to the highest threshold of that flight (not to exceed their original handicap) in order to give them as much of their original handicap as possible. Requesting to be in the same flight as a friend DOES NOT mean you will be placed in the same grouping.
The tournament committee requires all Flight Together requests to be made on the handicap submission form. No changes will be made to a player’s flight once the course assignments are announced.
The tournament will be conducted using the World Handicap System. Entrants’ handicap indexes will be used to establish a Course Handicap based on the tees & course played.
Participants will submit their WHS Handicap via electronic form. Tournament staff will use that factor to flight each player and all handicaps will be based on that information.
If a participant’s handicap index for any reason is not an accurate reflection of the participants playing ability, it is THEIR responsibility to notify tournament officials prior to the event. A valid WHS handicap reflects all golf scores (as long as the round was played under the Rules of Golf), and must be formulated according to the guidelines established by the WHS. Any unusual posting procedures, such as ceasing to post scores for a period leading up to the event, may be grounds for adjustments or disqualification.
All participants will play to the lowest handicap index revision of the last 12 months.
The Handicap Committee reserves the right to adjust a participant’s index prior to or during the event.
All participants are required to notify a tournament official of any handicap changes prior to the event and after verification forms are returned.
A difference of .1 in your index can result in one more or less strokes on a given day. Please ensure that the handicap provided is accurate to the decimal place.
Any participant found, at any time, to be using a fraudulent handicap will be expelled from the tournament and all fees will be forfeited.
In addition, players who score exceptionally low scores will have their handicap reviewed and adjusted if necessary on a daily basis. Any player who scores exceptionally low scores after being adjusted may be disqualified. Any players disqualified will forfeit all paid tournament fees. All decisions of the Tournament Committee are final.
At Golf Tourism Solutions, we operate numerous handicap events throughout the calendar year. In order to better serve our participants, we have developed and deployed a Tournament Points System that helps our team better monitor handicapping for those that consistently finish at the top of the leaderboard.
- First place = 5 points
- Second Place = 4 points
- Third Place = 3 points
- Fourth Place = 2 points (Individual events only)
- Fifth place = 1 point (Individual events only)
Once their TPS point total for reaches a certain level the reduction is then applied to the tournament index for that participant. The levels of reduction are detailed below.
- 10 total points is a 3 stroke reduction
- 8 total points is a 2 stroke reduction
- 6 total points is a 1 stroke reduction
Golf Tourism Solutions events included in this Tournament Points System are the following: Myrtle Beach World Amateur, World Amateur Q School, Short Par 4 Fall Classic, GolfBuddy Veterans Classic, Brittain Resorts Classic, Golf Trek Challenge, and Saintnine Couples Challenge.
The events included to attain points are the rolling current year of all events plus 2 years of history at this event. If the player has more than two events accumulating points, the best two performances are utilized for the stroke reduction. This allows us to monitor participants who solely play at this event and/or participate throughout the year.
*Tournament Points System subject to change at any time.
World Am Q School will refund any participant that may cancel based on the below time frames:
- between date of entry and February 3, 2023 – $35 cancellation fee.
- after February 3, 2023 and before 5:00PM EST on March 10, 2023 – $135 cancellation fee.
- after 5:00PM EST on March 10, 2023 – no refund.
Cancellations can also be sent in writing to the Tournament staff either by email or by direct mail. Emails can be sent to Ryan at RHart@GolfHoliday.com and written cancellations may be sent to Q SCHOOL REFUNDS/2051 Golf Academy Way/ North Myrtle Beach SC 29582.
No refunds are provided for persons testing positive for COVID-19. No refunds or exchanges will be made if the tournament is canceled or shortened due to weather or nature. One completed round constitutes a tournament.
The USGA Rules of Golf will govern play. Local rules at each course will apply. The Tournament Committee will resolve all disputes regarding every aspect of tournament play.